We are thrilled to extend a warm and bubbly welcome to you from The Loofah Patch in Nelson, NZ, your ultimate destination for all things loofah! Nestled amidst our other botanicals and tended to with love and care, our boutique loofah patch brings you the finest, all-natural loofahs that will leave you feeling refreshed and radiant.
At The Loofah Patch, we take immense pride in cultivating these amazing, eco-friendly wonders right from seed to sponge. Each loofah is nurtured with sustainable farming practices, ensuring that you receive a product that's not only a treat for your skin but also kind to the environment, where every choice we make contributes to a healthier planet.
What sets us apart is our commitment to quality and craftsmanship, we take the time to grow all of our own botanicals, celebrating nature's goodness for self care and sustainable living. We carefully harvest and prepare each loofah by hand ensuring they reach you in their prime, ready to deliver an exceptional bathing experience. We create all our botanical bath and body products in small batches for the very same reason.
As you explore our collection, you'll discover a range of loofahs in various shapes and sizes, whether you prefer the classic cylindrical loofah or the unique and stylish loofah pads, we have something to suit every style and skin type.
Feel free to reach out for any queries or assistance – we are here to make your loofah journey an unforgettable one!
Dianne - The Loofah Patch Team
The Loofah Patch:
- New Zealand made, botanical bath, body and home products.
- Featuring NZ grown loofah from our loofah patch.
- Growing all our of own botanicals for our skincare range to ensure optimum freshness and potency.
- Natural products with a focus on sensitive skin.
- No use of palm oil in any of our products.
- Members of the New Zealand Soap Makers Association Inc (NZSMA)
Growing Loofah: We have been working on loofah research and development since 2013. Growing loofah (luffa) on a boutique/commercial scale in the NZ climate is challenging but we choose to do this for three reasons:
- Our particular strain of loofah is very soft and although durable, it would be one of the softest strains of loofah in the world which is absolutely perfect for creating many of our products such as whole loofah, face puffs and loofah pads.
- So we can offer our customers a New Zealand made product (or rather 'Nature made in NZ').
- We can do our part to rid NZ of the plastic loofah (shower puff/poufs) - each one contributes 3 1/2 metres of plastic to the environment - read more about plastic loofah here.
Branding: Our branding features the striking yellow luffa flower as our logo symbol and our packaging (as seen above) is a collection of flowers from our garden, including a luffa flower - we wanted to incorporate nature's beauty in the packaging as well as the product. All of our products and packaging are earth friendly and are either home compostable or biodegradable (including our shipping packaging).