- 13 - 15cm long approx
- New Zealand grown
- Use the rope from packaging as a handle
- Will last months if cared for correctly
- Loofahs are 100% plant fibre
- meaning they are biodegradable
- Compostable in home compost bin
- No harm to marine environment if fibers do go down the drain
- From nature to you in it's purest form
- no bleaching
- no fumigation
Each and every loofah is unique and different in shape and size. We don't flatten for postage and your loofah will arrive light and puffy, they will puff up and soften even more once they are wet.
Loofah Care Instructions
- Remove packaging, you can use the marine grade rope as a handle or compost.
- Initial use: soak the loofah for 2-10 minutes - The loofah will soften after every use.
- In between uses: rinse and allow to dry - This is important to ensure your loofah lasts a long time
- Discard and replace: Once the fibres start to break apart or if you see any black mould on the loofah (which can happen if it's constantly wet).
Body Care Instructions
- External use only
- For sensitive skin: test on a small patch of skin first before using on whole body
- Not recommended for use on face.
Where do loofahs come from? We grow them on a vine (not in the ocean as many people believe) like a marrow, the fibres are formed as the loofah fruit dries off, we soak of any fruit pulp and hang to dry out in the Nelson sun. If you would like to find our more about how loofahs are grown click here